Business thrives in Downtown Knoxville. Fiber-optic lines thread throughout the core of downtown Knoxville. Three of the country’s major interstates converge just on the edge of downtown making Downtown Knoxville a prime business location. Distinct office space is found in 21st century high-rise towers and quaint, century-old buildings. Abundant parking a residential space completes the picture. Downtown Knoxville is open for business.
Downtown Knoxville and the area have been recognized by national lifestyle and business magazines as a fantastic place to live and work. Some of those rankings include:
- Forbes magazine, Best Cities for Jobs - ranked #9
- Forbes magazine, Best Places to Raise a Family - ranked #8
- Forbes magazine, Best Places for Business & Careers - ranked #5
- Expansion Management magazine, America's 50 Hottest Cities for Business Relocation & Expansion - ranked #9
- Places Rated Almanac Millenium Edition,Best Place to Live for cities under 1 million population - ranked #1
- Sperling's Best Places, Best Places for Affordable Living - ranked #8
- Money Magazine, Best Places to Retire - ranked #10
- Inc. magazine, Top Mid-Size City Boom Towns (for Job Growth) - ranked #24
- Hotwire.com, America's Most Affordable Travel Destinations - ranked #4
CBID Development Incentives Program: The Development Incentive Program of the CBID was created to provide a flexible source of funds to assist in making projects happen that add to downtown’s vitality. Proposals are selected based on their ability to create or enhance new activity and benefits for buildings located within the CBID.
For more information about bringing your business to downtown Knoxville, List of Possible Incentives, Step-by-Step Guide for Opening A Business in Downtown, etc, please contact Michele Hummel.