Doing Business in Downtown Knoxville
Be inspired in our authentic, vibrant and diverse business community.
Video by Loch & Key Productions
About the community
Downtown Knoxville is the ideal environment to recruit top talent, make business connections, delight clients and more. With restaurants, services, parks, arts and parking in a walkable urban core, you and your employees can thrive.
About the central business district
- 90+ restaurants within walking distance to bond with coworkers and entertain clients
- 20-minute drive to McGhee Tyson Airport, convenient for visiting clients and traveling employees
- A variety of downtown living options in both new and historic properties, all convenient for current and potential employees
- 28,000 students – and potential employees – at the University of Tennessee, less than a mile from downtown
- A diverse business community of corporate and creative-class companies
Located in the heart of East Tennessee, Knoxville sits at the crossroads of I-75, I-40 and I-81. It is the third largest city in the state, with the nine-county metro area comprising close to 900,000 residents. The area is home to The University of Tennessee and corporate headquarters such as The Pilot Company, Bush Brothers, PetSafe, Clayton Homes, Jewelry Television and Regal Cinemas. Set in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, America’s most visited national park, Knoxville’s combination of history and nature is loved by locals and visitors alike.
- Named in Top 50 Places to Live in the USA by U.S. News & World Report (2019)
- Named one of The 7 Most Recession-proof Cities in the U.S. by Livability (2019)
- Named one of the Cities Americans Are Flocking To by 24/7 Wall Street (2018)
Learn more About Knoxville, including cost of living, workforce, quality of life, and more.